fbpx

Move in with just a 5% deposit!

Changes to Help to Buy

The current Help to Buy scheme will change from 31/03/2021 and will only be available to first time buyers and will have regional price caps. The north west price cap is £224,400.

If you’re a first-time buyer in England, you can apply for a Help to Buy: Equity Loan from the Government that you put towards the cost of buying a newly built home.

The scheme allows you to borrow a minimum of 5% and up to a maximum of 20% of the full purchase price of a new-build home.

You must buy your home from a homebuilder registered for Help to Buy: Equity Loan. Genesis Homes is proud to be a registered homebuilder.

Help to Buy makes new build homes available to first time buyers who wish to buy a new home, but may be finding it difficult due to deposit requirements, but who can secure and make payments on a mortgage.

How does it work?

Help to Buy offers up to a maximum of 20% of the full purchase price through an equity loan funded by the Government. The remaining 80% is then made up through a 5% deposit contribution and a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society.

The equity loan is available on new build properties up to a maximum value of £600,000 in England, and is interest-free for five years – it can be paid back at any time or upon the sale of your home. For more information on Help to Buy, click here to visit their website.

Forces Help to Buy

If you’re a regular serviceman or servicewoman in the armed forces, the Forces Help to Buy scheme* could let you borrow up to 50% of your salary to a maximum of £25,000, interest free. This loan is for buying your first home or moving to another property on assignment or as your family’s needs change. For more information about the Forces Help to Buy scheme, click here.


YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP THE REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.

*Help to Buy is available on properties subject to regional caps (£224,400 in the north west). If you qualify for Help to Buy assistance and you raise a mortgage for at least 75% of the purchase price of your new home from a lender, you can borrow up to the remaining 20% of the purchase price by taking out a loan secured over your new home from the Government’s Homes England public body over a period of 25 years. A 5% deposit is required by the lender. More may be required depending upon circumstances and your lender’s criteria. Help to Buy is subject to eligibility and terms and conditions.

Subscribe to our Newsletter